WHY WORK WITH US
The primary role of the Business Development Director is to prospect for new construction projects by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential architects and owners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify, build, and develop new business by pursuing opportunities with strategic targets in key industries and cultivating relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Plan and develop approaches and presentations that will persuade potential clients to do business with the Company.
- Develop rapport with owners and architects while providing support that will continually improve all relationships.
- Demonstrate positively the company’s mission, core values, reputation, code of ethics, standards, policies and procedures internally and throughout the marketplace.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of potential clients’ award procedures for new project pursuits.
- Build and manage expanding network of "influencers" and maintain current existing clients or industry specific contacts.
- Maintain pipeline reports with status updates, last call, activity, and follow-up dates.
- Partner with the President, Preconstruction and Operations to lead all go/no-go decisions; assess each potential pursuit in regard to its ability to meet business development goals.
- Network within the construction industry by joining/participating in industry associations and attending industry events, trade shows, and conferences.
- Support retention efforts of subcontractors and maintain positive relations with all internal and external contacts
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of seven (7) years of direct business development experience; preferably within the commercial construction industry.
- Significant account management experience and strategy development; knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices, preferred
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships at the higher levels (i.e. decision makers) of companies and organizations.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite and Blue Beam or equivalent software
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to consistently meet deadlines..
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment internally and externally with a client service focus