WHY WORK WITH US
The Preconstruction Manager position will implement Timberlake processes while preparing construction estimates for competitive bids and negotiated work. This position will assist in the preparation of more complex estimates and fully produce lesser cost estimates under the review of the Sr. Preconstruction Manager or VP. Preconstruction Managers are also responsible for the solicitation of bids, review of project construction documents (plans and specifications), calculation of quantities, and review of subcontractor’s scopes of work, evaluation of overall costs, construction feasibility discussions, preliminary scheduling and logistics evaluations, and assistance with the development of economical construction options.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Manages the subcontractor solicitation process to obtain adequate responses.
- Review of vendor proposals for scope, time and cost accuracy.
- Review and understand project construction documents (plans and specifications). Positing, processing and managing of all relevant documents during the bidding process.
- Communication with design team and Owners during the preconstruction process.
- Offer trade specific knowledge to the estimating team as needed.
- Collaborate with the Estimating and Operations teams to establish project (bid) specific workflow, deliverables and offer cost insight.
- Preform quantity take-offs and generate bid tabulation sheets.
- Fully produce lesser cost estimates under the review of the Sr. Preconstruction Manager or VP.
- Assist in the preparation of more complex estimates with the assistance of the Precon Team.
- Identification of potential cost options and alternates to ensure economical construction options.
- Work with Operations Team to review scopes of work of negotiated work for thoroughness and review clarity and continuity.
- Deliver professional proposals and analysis to clients.
- Create preliminary schedules with the input of Operations Team.
- Initiate job start up processes.
- Evaluate constructability and logistic of projects.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of construction experience with 1 year focused on estimating or preconstruction preferred.
- Trade specific background in Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Structural Steel or other major building components is desired.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite including Projects and Blue Beam or equivalent software.
- Professional certification such as CPE, DBIA, CPC, LEED, CM-BIM, CM-LEAN, etc is desired.
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment internally and externally with a client service focus.