WHY WORK WITH US
We are Team Timberlake, a group of individuals who are always building--communities, teams, relationships and a better customer experience. We believe in exceptional service to customers, hard work, superior quality and challenging the status quo to find a better way. We know that safety is paramount. Our excellent reputation comes from the entire team working together towards a common goal--being part of something larger than one individual. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
As a Sr. Project Manager with Timberlake Construction Company, you will have the authority to drive successful project results, moving your projects from pre-construction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards. There is also a responsibility to manage and supervisor employees throughout multiple projects at one time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent the Company as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Prepare subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Actively participate in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies.
- Provide support and mentoring to co-workers and customers.
- Responsible for the review and processing of submittals on a regular timely basis.
- Adhere to levels of authorization for approval of subcontractor change orders, owner change orders, and subcontracts/purchase orders, as approved by senior management.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of an Associates degree in construction management, engineering or a related field and ten (10) years of experience OR a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant construction operations experience working in various general commercial building markets.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite and Blue Beam or equivalent software.
- Experience with Procore is highly preferred.
- Experience maintaining critical path project schedules using scheduling software such as Microsoft Project.
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment internally and externally with a client service focus.